Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Fine Sunday in August

It has been a fine day today. The weather has been just right--sunny and 70s. The grass and plants are a lush green from the recent rain. The clouds are fluffy in the distance, portending a possible light show later this evening.

I restarted a furniture refinishing project on our deck yesterday, and I am almost done sanding a little chest. Another couple of sunny days, and I will be done with staining and varnishing. My next project will be sanding and repainting a couple of cafe chairs I found abandoned on a corner, with a sign posted above declaring their "free"dom.

I have no comments on condiments lately. Perhaps I shall share a recipe for tweeking BBQ sauce, or perhaps sing the praises of sour cream. Or shall I blog on the world's most perfect food: bacon?

. . . no need to decide now. After all--it's a fine Sunday afternoon and fall is around the corner.

10 comments:

The Rev. said...

I'm always (Always) in the market for BBQ sauce tips!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

BACON!!!!!!!!!!!

Heifer said...

everything's better with bacon...even homemade ice cream and ...chocolate cake....huh? heifer

The Rev. said...

I sprinkle bacon on my morning banana bread each morning-

Ryan said...

Hi Betty. Long time no talk. hope you're doing well!

tNb said...

baconbaconbaconbacon :-)

fracas said...

Been checking here over and over... you must think me a stalker. How are you? Hope all is ok.

Hugs to you...

If you come back, I'll post something about bacon that you'll think is hilarious...

Ryan said...

It's almost time to start posting about drinks that keep you warm in the winter. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

We miss you Betty!!! mama cow

ลงประกาศฟรี said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.