Saturday, March 17, 2007

Not Much Green, Lots o' Blarney

Hey, y'all, and Happy St. Patty's Day!! This year, the state of New York is celebrating the Green Season with lots of white. Yup, you guessed it, a Nor'easter blew (pun intended) into town last night. It took me three hours to drive home, thus validating my fortitude in finding another job located in the Capital Region to decrease my commute and mileage on my car, Norma Jean.

Norma has seen better days. Currently she is parked on the street, buried in about two feet of "wintry mix" (we all know what that means), littered inside with McD bags, kid dirt, and UFOs (Unidentified Floor Objects). I put at least 100 miles per day on her, not including kid transports, etc.

A clarification on the previous post. Hun mentioned to me I made him look like a buffoon on my story about the raiding of the kitchen. I didn't want him to be perceived as a clodding doof, uncaring about my kitchen accoutrement. I wanted to demonstrate, through the subtle use of voice, that I was the clodding buffoon who was overly protective and controlling of her kitchen domain and Hun was a sensitive guy trying to lighten my load a bit and give me some evening R&R time. Hun is a sooper swell fella. He has been great lately, considering I've been trying to be less behind on work. 'Nuff said?

I'm excited about the Parental Units coming down in a few days. We will be spending a few days hanging in Albany and scooting out to the City on Saturday. More than anything, it will be great to see my folks.

Anything new to report? Not really. Like I said, I've been working a lot, not much of a life. Hun has been swell, although I have been going a bit batty with working about 60 hours a week, juggling crises and keeping cases on course.

I am missing the mountains and people who can drive in the snow. Adiose, amigos. Until next time . . .

Betty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People who can drive in the snow?!?!?!? Then you don't miss Colorado much.

Anonymous said...

Nice cloudy...but nice...trees beginning to bud but they will be nipped I'm afraid...March is not really the end of winter in Colorado...watching basketball..I've lost 4 pounds and I'm officially proud of myself!! Love ya'...warm up Albany for us! See you Wednesday. Heffer

Anonymous said...

Don't mean to rub it in...or maybe I do...but it's been so nice these past few days of 60's and 70's here. I can almost feel the sand between my toes.

TN

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU. HEFFER