Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Strange, But True


Well, I've had quite a good week. I went with Hun to a conference in NYC. Hun conferred and I bought cheap stuff in Chinatown, to come to a Christmas stocking near you . . . I will not post pictures of my spoils, lest I ruin XMasses everywhere.

But I will post my "before" shot of my latest furniture project. I haven't done any sanding or staining, yet. But I will start sometime soon. I'm also very excited about this project, almost as excited at my youtube superstardom.

Hun and I got it at the Salvation Army a few weeks ago, on our way to Woodstock. I am quite fond of it already.


I am also posting some photos of Huns new foray in interior decoration. We rearranged the furniture on the same weekend we went to Woodstock, and our living room is much more spacious now. Interestingly enough, we couldn't find a place for our mantle clock that would sit in a convenient viewing location. That is, until Hun thought outside the box.



I've also learned another valuable lesson when I ordered sushi at a Chinese take-out last Friday. That lesson is never order sushi at a Chinese take-out. This is their version of "spicey tuna roll". I think the picture says it all. I have no idea what the crystaline crumbles garnishing the top of my "roll" slices, but it's not good. I suspect they were bits of recycled fiberglass they also put in menthol cigarettes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...nice chest!!!! (nothing personal)...but nice chests do tend to run in the family! heffer

Anonymous said...

HMM..THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW THAT THE HO THAI(SP??? IF YOU KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT, LET ME KNOW)TURNED 40 YEARS OLD THIS THANKSGIVING. IT WAS PURCHASED IN HOUSTON AT THE ORIGINAL PIER 1 WHERE L. & I SPENT THE HOLIDAY WITH CRAZY JANE AND HER FAMILY. IT WAS OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING MARRIED. HEFFER

Blogger said...

Are you paying over $5 / pack of cigs? I'm buying my cigarettes over at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 70%.