Thursday, December 06, 2007

I am very ashamed . . .

. . . I forgot everyone's birthday this year. I royally suck as a friend and as a daughter. (Yes, this is true, I forgot the birthdays of BOTH MY PARENTS.) I also forgot my best friend's birthday on December 4. I have been remiss in keeping my phone charged as well.

I am such an asshole.

I wish I could even make an excuse that work has been crazy. But it always is crazy. There's no difference between past an present. Between crazy foster parents, crazy bio parents, crazy coworkers, it's all a big blob.

I suppose I can blame seasonal effective disorder--isn't that the one when you get more out of it when you are exposed to less light in the winter? We have very little light when it is technically considered "daytime", much less the stark blackness they call night in Upstate New York.

To any good friends and family out there, I've been trying to call--and bordering on stalking behavior--because I realize I've been a bit insensitive lately. Blame the bland uhgness that is my life.

I am really interested in how the kitchen is being remodeled, any baby firsts that I am missing, as well as buns currently in the oven . . . much more so than the problems Upstaters have no compunction but to unload on anyone in hopes of gaining some free ride or another . . . I have become more local, and I haven't realized it.

Someone shoot me now. But please call back so I know we are on speaking terms . . .

Betty

4 comments:

Onknees (not_onknees at the moment) said...

Hi there: Thanks for the positive words about my blog..You have the dubious honor of being the only person ever to leave a comment---and thats ok.
To comment on this post...I find myself in the same position. I have not acknowledged births, death (?), birthdays, communions, weddings, etc. this year. I resolve to do better next year but will forgive myself if i dont. Work is crazy......

Anonymous said...

Your parents forgive you...now TURN ON YOUR PHONE! Cheer up!..it snowed in Colorado and the back porch has Christmas lights..no this is not significant in the grander scheme of the universe, but it's cheerful..and that ain't half bad because life is made of cheerful little nothings that keep us going..like seeing a bald eagle on your way home from work.

Cowgirl Betty said...

To my mother: My phone is on . . . and it is being recharged as I write. I'll be better, I promise!

To(not) onknees: wow . . . the only one to post a comment . . . I'm itching now to post even more unsolicited opinions on your blog! J/K Keep up the good fight--not enough tough broads out on the trail!

Anonymous said...

uhh..still no 'dear Santa blog' here in Denver...on my antique computer service! heffer