Friday, February 08, 2008

Someone's been sneakin' around these parts . . .

Howdy folk! I found out something interesting about the joys of the web. I found out that someone is linking back to my little ol' blog here in Upstate New York. It's a blog all about Colorado and the surrounding parts. Apparently, they've been linking back to a few of my blogs. According to the blog, Drew Epperly is the writer for my site. I beg to differ. I am not Drew, I am Betty.

Not only that, but I think Drew doesn't always read my posts before he uses them as his own, since my blog has very little content about Colorado, and is mostly about Upstate New York. Perhaps I'm a bit reactionary, and should be flattered--but my word, who is this hooligan?!

Drew also seems to write a lot about soccer--my question is how much did he actually write? Perhaps I am being a bit kneejerk, and dear old Drew is just posting snippets of his favorite blogs to share. But there's a sneaking suspicion a sneak and a thief is amongst us . . .

Update: It looks like Drew is another victim of this site that posts RSS feeds at www.colorado.thesourcesnowboards.com. It's rather bizarre, and somehow, they got my name mixed up with his. There is also a "Cowgirl Betty" who writes various collegiate sports articles--which I also didn't write. According to Drew (you can see in the comments section), he has tried to get the group to stop running his articles on their site, but to no avail.

6 comments:

70steen said...

How very bizarre Betty ....... ?????

wvhooligan said...

i've noticed my site popping up on some Colorado Board thing (http://colorado.thesourcesnowboards.com/)...someone is using my blog's RSS on their site and they obviously pull your sites as well and they got mixed up...sorry for any confusion, I usually throw those things into the spam comments when I see them...I've tried emailing whoever runs that site to stop using my site on there...

Cowgirl Betty said...

I hope it's only a mixup . . . but I doubt it.

Cowgirl Betty said...

Apparently, I'm now known as unknown . . . who the heck is this and what do they want?

Ryan said...

To be known as an unknown in the blogosphere; a feat! :)

shle3pyb4by said...

hey there! :)

uhuhh.. thats sick!! why would people want to use someone's else blog, and claim that it is theirs? sigh!

so, i guess that makes the two of us, in a way. to find weirdos in the bus, as well as on the web?! *giggles*

happy monday, betty! :) *twirl for betty*